Meet Dr.Trinh Vu, M.D., of Hercules Medical Clinic
Dr. Trinh Vu, Family Medicine Practitioner of Monterey, CA, offers a wide variety of medical services. His primary concern is for the patient, and he excels in giving each patient his undivided attention – not only to treat symptoms – but to try to find and treat the underlying causes of the conditions. Dr. Vu speaks English, Vietnamese and Dutch.
Dr. Vu has seen over five thousand patients during his tenure and has treated a wide variety of ailments and illnesses. His experience is extensive and his knowledge is well-rounded in all medical aspects. He always puts the patients first and spends time with each patient so that he is sure to understand the patient’s health problems. He is well loved by many of his patients for his respectful treatment, his patience, his willingness to spend the time it takes with each individual patient to make sure he understands what the patient needs and he is dedicated to continuing to serve his patients with great integrity .
Dr. Vu earned his medical degree from Rijksuniversiteit Te Groningen Medical School, The Netherlands. He did his pre-med schooling at Zwolle, The Netherlands. Dr. Vu educated himself in The Netherlands due to the conflict raging in his birth county of Viet Nam. During this period, after escaping from Communist Vietnam by boat and being rescued at sea by a Netherland’s flagged ship, he became a resident of the Netherlands. He learned both Dutch and English at this time. After completing College and Medical Training in the Netherlands he gained entrance in the USA in 1990. After becoming acclimated to life in the USA he was able to find an American University as a sponsor for his medical research project. His research project was completed in Post Graduate/Human Pancreas Procurement at the University of California Irvine/Loma Linda University Medical Center Loma Linda, CA. He did his residency at NY University at the Brooklyn Hospital Center and then did a fellowship at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, CA.
Dr. Vu has worked extensively in California for several clinics including; Wilshire Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA; Doctors on Duty in Marina, CA; Ampla Health Care Center in Oroville, CA; Athena Medical Group, Monterey, CA; He has now opened his own private clinic Hercules Medical Center in Monterey, CA. so that he could implement his own ideas and practices when it comes to patient care.
He has continued his medical education through programs provided by CME in conjunction with the American Medical Association. He has earned certification in the following specialized areas.
• Board Certified/General Family Medicine in the Netherlands (1990)
• Board Certified/Medicine by Counsel of European Communities (1992)
• Board Eligible/Urgent Care, General Surgery & Laser Surgery
• DEA Certificate
• Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Completed)
• Advanced Trauma Life Support/Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Competed)
• Certificate of Coverage/Liability Coverage
• Completed: CPEP certification (Compensation Pension Examination Project)
• Completed: MST (Military Sexual Trauma training)
He has earned several awards over the years including:
• 2013: Nominated for Physician of the Year by the Monterey Medical Society
• 2005: Research Award in the Specialty of Dermatology/Plastic Surgery, by the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Inc
• 1997: Recognition as best doctor at the Brooklyn Medical Center, NY, by Brooklyn News.
His current memberships include:
• American Medical Association
• Urgent Care Association of America
• Monterey County Medical Society